Saturday, January 15, 2005

The Old Man

The old man looks past the slowly rising fog into the rays of the sun. It’s a new day for him and it’s a new day for his world. It is a day that is like many others before it. Eighty-three years of days have come and gone for him. He has lately become confused with the arrival of the new day. A flood of feelings now arrive with the sun. His past and present seem to now rise together as he greets each day with this mixture of feelings that he can barely understand. “Just getting old,” he thinks. “When I was young I felt separate from the world, but now I feel like I’m an actor in a grand play!” "And I think I will soon know how the play ends!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Hello. That is a touching little narrative. Here is a bit about a former president of France:

In one of his last appearances, Mitterrand, the agnostic president, was also asked what the real God might say to him if he went to heaven.

FRANCOIS MITTERRAND: (speaking through interpreter) God would say: "At last, you know." And I would hope that He would add, "Welcome."

I got that here:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/remember/mitterrand_1-8b.html

Hope

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Jed Scherf said...

Interested. Keep Blogging!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.