Saturday, February 18, 2006

Dreams for Our Country

I have always been somewhat of a dreamer, who is almost blindly optimistic sometimes. Naysayers have never held me back. I have never paid much attention to; impossible odds or mountains too high. Yes, from an early age, I have been a dreamer. I dream of a nation, that was once a beacon of hope and a symbol of freedom and justice for the entire world. I dream of an economy, that once rewarded hard work and turned millions of the working poor into the working middle class. I dream of a government, that once understood that the most important resource it has, is its people. I dream of companies, who once operated with honor and fairness to both employees and customers alike. I dream of religions, who once exported their ideals instead of their dogmas. And finally, I dream of a people, who once had faith in and optimism for, the future of this great country. As I head for the last years of my life, I will continue to dream. I hope I am not alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory Shock said...

nice post ... thanks for some reminders while I scream about some contemporary nightmares

7:24 PM  
Blogger The Sanity Inspector said...

Self-congratulation is not the same as optimism.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.