Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Reaction to Chernoff's "Gut feeling"

Secretary Chernoff’s comment last week that he had a "gut feeling" that the United States faced a heightened risk of attack this summer made the alarm bells go off in my head. There can only be three reasons for making this comment:

1. A desperate attempt to remind (frighten) the American people of their need to surrender their freedoms for the greater good, (Protecting the Homeland).

2. A lame attempt to somehow indirectly rationalize the occupation (war) in Iraq.

3. A propaganda prelude to either a real terrorist attack or a Dick Cheney manufactured terrorist attack.

What really scares me is that when I first heard the Secretary's “gut feeling” comment, my first reaction was “My god, they are to going covertly launch an attack on the United States and blame it on Al Queda!” Perhaps I am just paranoid, but maybe I'm not?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.